An essential part of every computer system is a monitor. Due to this, it must be transported with great care. Glass screens are delicate and easily break or crack during delivery, destroying your entire display. We usually go through a range of emotions when moving to a new place.
Making fresh starts is a big part of moving to new places. However, moving ancient items may be a pain, and we frequently damage priceless objects. Your computer monitor is one example of this. So, you might be curious about the cost of sending a track.
How much does it cost to ship a monitor? A computer monitor typically weighs less than ten pounds. They will therefore cost roughly $60 to send from one area of your state to another. The price will be at least $120 if you want to ship them across the country.
Packing A Computer Monitor for Shipping
You should first know the proper packing techniques for a monitor before learning more about shipping costs. Use the advice in this information to properly pack and send a computer monitor.
- After measuring your monitor, get a cardboard box that will fit it comfortably. Your monitor will need a pillow in addition to bubble wrap and foam to lessen pressure.
- All of the monitor’s cords should be unplugged. Whether the cables are in their original packaging or new packaging, bundle them separately.
- Wrap the monitor in bubble wrap and put it in the box. Apply more bubble wrap after that, then use foam to secure it. The monitor’s stability inside the box must be maintained at all times.
- After that, tape the shipping label to the box and secure it using brown tape. Tape the bottom and top with more tape. Your computer monitor has been securely packed for travel.
Tips For Shipping a Gaming Pc
While shipping a gaming PC, the following steps must be followed:
- Ensure The Safety of Your Driving Cages: Your drive cages are the metal frame you unscrewed to connect the HDMI cables to your motherboard and graphics plug. Most folks also have a cage where they used to run their power cord. On a long voyage, these can become loose. To prevent this, ensure the screws are as tightly installed as possible.
- Use FedEx or UPS: Local post offices are not the best option. More stops and loading/unloading operations mean more chances for your PC to be displaced and perhaps damaged along the route. You can get live updates more simply through UPS and FedEx because they are better at streamlining the entire process.
- Think about removing your motherboard and graphics card: It is not as pricey as the other two. The graphics card and motherboard came loose from the stubs they were mounted to when they were shipped overseas.
- Use your old PC if you still have it: Any postal facility you visit will be able to wrap your computer securely. However, if you still have your previous case and don’t need them to package it for you, you can save $10 to $15
Is A Computer Monitor Shipped Quickly?
Depending on the delivery service, a computer monitor’s shipping time varies. Although it might take longer for foreign orders, delivery times can often last up to a week. You can also select fast options if you want your goods delivered right away.
If you are a gamer then you also must check out: Best Monitor For Gtx 1660 Super In 2023!
How Much Does It Cost to Ship a Monitor?
Even if delivering a computer monitor can be expensive, you cannot afford to use a low-cost shipping service. Damages will be more costly than transportation. Since they are capable, responsible, and deliver on Saturdays, the postal service is highly recommended. They are hence frequently quicker than other providers.
Make sure your monitor is insured if you choose an alternate shipping method like DHL USPS. Most couriers don’t automatically offer insurance for computer displays. Be cautious and use your best judgment. Although several couriers are available, you should select your preferred one based on reviews and reputation.
We understand that you don’t want to lose money by being careless. However, shipping costs vary between shipping platforms. Decide which option is right for you.
USPS Shipping Costs
Shipping insurance is a good idea if you’re shipping gadgets in case something goes wrong on the way. For $20 or less, USPS will deliver a computer monitor interstate. However, the price could go to $50 if you select Priority Mail Express.
UPS Shipping Costs
In addition to being a reliable service, UPS also offers affordable delivery. UPS Ground Freight will ship your goods to another state for a cost ranging from $40 to $200 or possibly more. The distance traveled, and the pace at which the service is mainly rendered affect the price.
Also check out: Best RAM for Ryzen 9 5950X In 2023
International Shipping Costs
It’s essential to get several delivery quotations before choosing one when shipping an item of electrical equipment abroad. A computer display might cost $50 to $300 to ship across countries, depending on how far away the destination is.
DHL Shipping Costs
If you utilize DHL, you can send a computer monitor from one state to another for about $60. If you send the same package a long way, the cost will increase significantly.
FedEx Shipping Costs
You may send a computer quickly and securely using one of FedEx’s many services. The price could vary from $30 to $150 depending on where you want it delivered.
In conclusion, this means that you can now determine how much it will cost to ship a monitor if you are planning to move to a new country or city.
Everything you need to know about how to send a monitor properly and how much it will cost is included in this post. Use the above procedures to pack your monitor correctly regardless of your chosen shipping platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should a monitor be shipped?
Before you place your desktop computer and monitor inside the shipping box, you should entirely and separately wrap them with plastic wrap and secure them with packing tape. In this manner, you’ve given the box the most protection, even if it gets wet or damaged during transportation.
How much do 20 pounds of USPS shipping cost?
You should budget about $100 if you choose USPS services. DHL: The cost to ship 21–25 pounds with DHL is roughly $250. UPS: If you send your cargo by road freight, the delivery fee is $60. FedEx/TNT: The cost of urgent packages is approximately $150, while ground shipping costs $40.
Does USPS impose size or weight-based fees?
Shape and weight will affect the cost for First-Class Mail. The cost of Priority Mail depends on the mailpiece’s weight, size, and distance travelled. “Dimensional weight price” applies to Priority Mail items more significant than one cubic foot.
UPS or USPS—which is less expensive?
Due to fees and surcharges, UPS frequently costs more than USPS, mainly when shipping smaller packages. USPS typically provides much better rates when delivering smaller packages weighing less than two pounds.
What is shipping at a flat rate?
The term “flat rate” refers to the cost of shipping independent of the item’s weight, size, or shape. This depends on how much you can fit inside the box provided by USPS.